As I learn more about herbalism, I’m seeking ways to integrate herbs more often for an overall, daily health boost. Adaptogens are a great way to restore homeostasis in the body and support your many systems (Adaptogens by David Winston with Steven Maimes is a great read to learn more). I played around with a no-bake oatmeal cookie recipe and made some herbal adaptogen cookies today and they turned out even better than I expected! One or two a day will be a great way to take care of myself.
No Bake Adaptogen Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/4 cup raw, local honey
- 1/3 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup adaptogen powder (I used Astragalus, Eleuthro, and Ashwagandha root powders)
- 1.5 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Melt peanut butter and butter in saucepan over medium heat
- Remove from heat, stir in adaptogens, oats, and chocolate chips (this will make the chips melt somewhat which I like; if you don’t want this, add them last)
- Cool slightly in fridge, then stir in honey (don’t put the honey in too early or you will lose the benefits of it being raw)
- Drop tablespoon-sized bits of batter onto a cookie sheet
- Cool completely in fridge and store leftovers there
- Enjoy and be well!
Make sure to check out the rest of our homesteading adventures in the link below!